Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hot

The kids had their first soccer games this week. So CUTE!






We have had tons of hummingbirds at our feeder. The kids love it because they can stand right under the feeder and the hummingbirds will still come to it.







Not doing a lot of cooking lately. Tonight I am going to try the Tuna Melts that were posted on the blog Octoberfarm. It has been too hot to think of stoves and BBQ's. I just want to melt on my deck with a cold drink.


The garden seems to be doing well. My irises are in full bloom and look beautiful and the tomatoes and sugar peas are growing nicely in the garden. I keep looking for all the other seeds I planted to start sprouting but nothing is showing yet.


My neighbor brought my over a vase full of her peonies. They are so beautiful, they are white with a few fuscia petals in the middle. I sprayed my roses last night because I can see buds forming but I never get any roses because of aphids. So I figured this year I would get a jump on them and spray them before infestation.



1 comment:

  1. brings back memories. our son played soccer,loved it and we loved watching the games.
    hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete