Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Breakfast Cookies



These are quick and easy and my kids loved them!


Ingredients:


2 lg eggs (beaten)

1/2 cup of honey

1/4 cup. of butter

1 cup grated carrot

1/2 cup of raisins

1 cup of chopped almonds or walnuts

1 cup of spelt (or oatmeal)

1/2 cup of whole wheat flour

1/2 cup of regular bleached flour

1 tsp of vanilla

1 tsp of cinnamon

1 tsp of salba (optional)

1 & 1/2 cup of Cheerios


Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F

In one bowl mix eggs, honey, butter and vanilla together. Add the raisins, walnuts (or almonds) and carrot and mix well.

In a second bowl mix the spelt, both flours cinnamon and salba (if you are adding it). Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix. Add the Cheerios and mix until a wet dough is formed. Place tablespoons of the dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 min.



I use spelt instead of oatmeal because it is more nutritious because it is richer in vitamins and minerals, but using oatmeal is perfectly acceptable. I also throw some Salba in because I like to boost my kids food anyway I can and adding Salba gives them more natural Omega-3 fatty acids. I have a jar of Salba and a jar of flax seed on my counter for a quick, tasteless addition to all my meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment