Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring

I love the spring, this season and fall are my favorites. I love seeing all the new green shoots sprouting everywhere and I love hearing the birds singing out my open windows.

Since having the first of my three wonderful kids almost four years ago my husband and I have been trying to be as green and natural as possible. I really limit the amount of processed sugar products that my children consume and we try to buy organic produce and other items from companies that employ sustainable practices.

I clean our house using only natural products like baking soda and vinegar. I keep a spray bottle of vinegar and water in our kitchen. It has a multitude of uses but I mostly use it to clean the counters and glass. I recently discovered baking soda and vinegar on really baked on food on the stove top works amazingly. You don't need much and once you add a bit of vinegar to the baking soda on the stove top it bubbles and breaks up all the crusty bits.

When we built the house I chose a light grout colour...silly...but I have found that a little baking soda, water and a toothbrush cleans that up in a jiffy. I also use baking soda in my laundry, especially in removing deodorant stains. I feel silly having these great natural cleaning revelations but we are so surrounded by and bombarded by chemical products that claim to easily clean everything and yet we have the power to naturally clean lots of things with items we already have in our cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment